There are 12 Jyotirlingas in India. The word Jyothirlinga is made up of two words, Jyoti meaning ‘radiance’ and Linga, which represents Lord Shiva.
Jyotirlings are place where the Shiva appeared when he had created the jyotirlings initially. No Jyotirling was established by us, it was all already established
1. Somnath JyotirLing in Saurashtra (Guj)
2. Mallikarjun jyoptirling in Srisailam (A.P.)
3. Mahakaleshwar jyotirling in Ujjain (M.P.)
4. Omkareshwar jyotirling in Shivpuri / Amaleswara (M.P.)
5. Vaidyanath jyotirling in Parali (Mah)
6. Nageswar jyotirling in Darukavanam
7. Kedareswar jyotirling in Kedarnath / Himalayas (Utt)
8. Tryambakeswar jyotirling in Nasik (Mah)
9. Rameshwar jyotirling in Setubandanam / Rameshwaram (T.N.)
10. Bhimashankar jyotirling in Dakini (Mah)
11. Visweswar jyotirling in Varanasi (U.P.)
12. Ghrishneswar jyotirling in Devasrovar (Mah).