A State Level Award in the name of Late IPD Salappa, the Pitamaha of Pourakarmikas-for the person who rendered service in the field of Safai Karmachari and Pourakarmikas:
As per the government order, it has been decided that, on behalf of BBMP, a state level award will be presented (to one person) in the name of the Pitamaha of Pourakarmikas and the leader of Safai Karmacharis Late IPD Salappa.
To receive the award for the current year, the eligible persons, who have rendered service in the field of Safai Karmachari and Pourakarmikas, are requested to submit a detailed application to The Selection Committee, The Administrative Branch of the Honorable Chief Commissioner, BBMP head office, Narasimharaja chowka, Bengaluru-560002, within 15 days.
Guidelines for applicants:
1. Minimum age limit to apply is 60 years.
2. Applicants should not have criminal background and they should not be non-eligible in the view of government rules.
3. Applicants are must and should be the achievers from the prescribed field.
4. It is not a Posthumous Award.
5. Applicants must have rendered service and must have achieved in the prescribed field for atleast 2 decades(20 years).
6. Award will include an amount of 1 lakh rupees.
Press release copy is attached for more details.