Chitradurga: A total of 30 children from Indira Gandhi Residential School in Thuruvanur in Chitradurga taluk admitted to hospital due to food poisoning. Children have had lunch with Payasam(Sweet) and Chitranna(Lemon Rice) at hostel on the occasion of Makar Sankranti festival.
Everyone was vomiting shortly after the meal. Five children have been admitted to Basaveshwara Hospital and 25 others have been admitted to Government District Hospital. The children are under treatment. Fortunately no casualties were reported. The principal of the school, Jayappa, later said that the children will be taken back to residential school.